Internal Communications Professional & Podcaster with Extensive Content Marketing Experience
Key Areas of Expertise
- Culture & Engagement
- Content Creation
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Employee Survey Design & Analysis
- Executive Presentations
- Inbound Marketing
- Internal Communications
- Learning & Development
- Podcasting/Public Speaking
- Project Management
- Website Design & Management
- Master of Fine Arts: Creative Writing, Bowling Green State University
- Bachelor of Arts: English, Southern Connecticut State University
Pertinent Employment History
People Communications Manager, Cohesity—Remote (June 2022—Current)
- Host and produce two internal podcasts: The WYNK (What You Need to Know) Podcast and Costories to help inform, engage, and connect global employees.
- Co-lead the design and implementation of Cohesity’s digital communications strategy to inform and engage over 2,400 global tech professionals via email, intranet, in-office digital signage, chat (Slack), and podcasts.
- Head strategic and change communications related to talent and performance, total rewards, DEI, and employee engagement.
- Conduct interviews to produce multi-media stories about employees, leaders, and teams who embody the company culture and values.
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to define strategies and stories to amplify employer brand and employee value proposition.
- Manage and maintain a global, company-wide content calendar with additional input and support to the talent brand’s external content calendar.
- Serve as a member of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council, helping to ensure that DEI is a key component of our hiring and development practices.
Inclusion and Engagement Manager/Podcast Host, Tangoe—Remote (October 2020—April 2022)
- Developed a voice and tone for the Human Resources department, crafting company-wide communications that were timely, empathetic, and transparent.
- Planned, implemented, and tracked progress for all major internal initiatives and engagement activities such as virtual events, wellness activities, town hall meetings, internal announcements, and more.
- Created daily, weekly, and monthly internal communications to continuously inform employees of present and future culture related activities taking place across the organization.
- Designed, administered, and executed global employee engagement surveys, performed analysis of results by department, helped develop action plans, and tracked progress.
- Lead an Inclusion Working Group, comprised of 20 diverse employees, which met quarterly to brainstorm and executive concrete ways to help create a more inclusive workplace.
- Hosted and produced all associated audio content for the What is Culture? podcast.
- Oversaw, encouraged, and supported employee recognition programs, while also managing and maintaining the swag management platform, AXOMO.
- Managed and reported on Tangoe’s professional and personal development tool, LinkedIn Learning, continuously launching internal campaigns to increase usage.
Podcast Host/Creative Communications Manager, Tangoe—Shelton, Connecticut (February 2019—October 2020)
- Hosted and produced all associated audio content for the weekly What is Culture? podcast utilizing the audio software, Audacity, in order to edit interviews for quality, length, and conciseness.
- Researched guests, prepared questions, and conducted interviews (both in person and virtually) with Tangoe employees, as well as non-Tangoe employees, including psychology professors, authors, keynote speakers, and other professionals, with the intention to better understand the inner workings of corporate culture.
- Managed all podcast content within Podomatic, a podcast hosting service, in order to release episodes across multiple podcast apps, including Apple, Google, Spotify, Stitcher, and more.
- Wrote all companion content for the website whatisculturepodcast.com (which I independently built and manage), while also generating daily content for associated social media channels.
- Collaborated with multiple members of the Marketing department to create all branding and promotional materials.
Content Marketing Manager, Tangoe—Shelton, Connecticut (October 2018—January 2019)
- Established the content creation process and managed it on a timely basis.
- Created hard-hitting content of all types, including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, and more.
- Collaborated with the Product Marketing team to stay on top of current messaging, positioning, and strategy.
- Worked with the Digital Marketing Director on messaging for web, social, and all other digital outlets.
- Teamed with the VP of Demand Generation to create email campaign content.
- Developed content for and to help drive awareness and registration to Tangoe LIVE, the company’s annual user conference event.
Content Marketing Manager, NH Learning Solutions | New Horizons Computer Learning Centers—Bloomfield, Connecticut (May 2017—October 2018)
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads.
- Utilizing HubSpot, implemented, maintained, and optimized marketing automation capabilities, including email marketing, landing pages, campaign management, lead nurturing/scoring, CRM integration, and marketing analytics for marketing campaigns and efforts.
- Collaborated with subject matter experts across all business units and functions, to deliver a comprehensive content marketing plan to meet business objectives, position us as thought-leader, and support new/existing products.
- Initiated, planned, and executed content marketing campaigns that align to the buyer’s journey, including but not limited to, emails, newsletters, white papers, videos, and infographics,
- Designed, created, tested, executed and monitored email marketing campaigns in conjunction with content strategy, including development of drip campaigns.
- Maintained a healthy and positive relationship with sales leadership to ensure content was created to help align the needs of sales and their clients.
- Assisted in the planning and authoring of integrated marketing communication plans for new and/or improved product launches as it relates to content and email marketing.
Marketing & Social Media Content Developer , NH Learning Solutions | New Horizons Computer Learning Centers—Bloomfield, Connecticut (May 2012—April 2017)
- Developed hundreds of pages of content across our company website, nhls.com, which averages 100,000 unique visitors per month.
- Wrote, managed, coded, designed, and administered email marketing content—including optimized landing pages—for promotional, lifecycle and transactional emails, using the email marketing software, Silverpop and later HubSpot.
- Using the content management system DotNetNuke, independently built, managed and created content for company websites, which service more than thirty franchise locations across the U.S.
- Created daily social media content for a team of 100+ sales representatives, including internal & external resources, email templates, print and digital sell sheets, blog articles, and more.
- Wrote for and managed company blog on a consistent basis, covering topics on a wide-range of topics surrounding the information technology industry.
Additional Employment History
Business Communications/English Composition Instructor, Brown Mackie College—Findlay, Ohio (January 2009—June 2011)
- Created original syllabi, lesson plans, online discussion questions, exams, and all other classroom assessment materials for Composition I, Composition II, and Business Communications.
- Taught business writing across a variety of formats, including professional e-mails, formal and informal reports, memorandums, persuasive letters, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Edited and proofread to ensure that student writing was purposeful, persuasive, concise, and audience-oriented.
- Supervised campus writing lab, working with students to improve printed materials for various subject areas.
Copywriter, Midwest Tape, LLC—Holland, Ohio (August 2008—January 2009)
- Wrote original summaries of titles, including but not limited to, fiction and non-fiction audio books.
- Ensured overall integrity of printed and web-based monthly product catalogs.
- Proofread titles, headings, product details, and synopses for correct grammar, as well as reviewed for conciseness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Assessed individual audio book covers for originality of design and accuracy of information in collaboration with the graphic design team.
Graduate Program Leader, General Studies Writing, Bowling Green State University—Bowling Green, Ohio (August 2007—May 2008)
- Mentored eight graduate assistants throughout the fall and spring semesters, offering support and guidance as instructors taught English Composition courses for the first time at the university.
- Supervised the development of course requirements and syllabi, assisting in the proliferation of class assignments and effective lesson planning, while preparing questions each week tailored specifically to meet the needs of each instructor.
Teaching Assistant, English Department & General Studies Writing, Bowling Green State University—Bowling Green, Ohio (August 2006—May 2008)
- Independently taught Introduction to Writing, Varieties of Writing, and Creative Writing Workshop while enrolled full-time as a graduate student at Bowling Green State University.
- Adhered to policies and evaluation procedures outlined in the course contract, while establishing and maintaining communications with supervising faculty, reporting regularly throughout the semester.
Assistant Editor, Mid American Review—Bowling Green, Ohio (August 2006—May 2007)
- Edited and coordinated the publication of Mid American Review: Volumes XXVII, and XXVIII, attending weekly editorial and/or emergency meetings.
- Researched and compiled information for contributing editors and authors.
- Performed various administrative tasks including market research, correspondence, contracts, and other documents related to published titles.
- Aided in production of manuscripts using Adobe InDesign and other Adobe programs.
Senior Editor/Content Coordinator, The Nielsen Company/Trade Dimensions Division—Wilton, Connecticut (May 2004—July 2006)
- Coordinated production of The Directory of Convenience Stores, while focusing on many aspects of the retail and the commercial real estate industries.
- Updated and ensured accuracy of the Trade Dimensions informational website.
- Promoted editorial content of all company products to customers and clients through multiple channels of communication.
- Investigated the retail industry via newspapers, trade magazines, and the Internet, which were then compiled into monthly updates, coded into HTML, and sent out to customers using a managed email list.
- Collaborated with the editorial team ensuring all work was presented in a format and style reflective of the quality and standards of the company.
Service Operations Representative, Healthnet of the Northeast—Shelton, Connecticut (October 2003—May 2004)
- Handled, in high volume, incoming member and provider calls to service center, as well as face-to-face contacts.
- Maintained accurate documentation of all telephone contact and action to ensure clear audit trail and month-end reporting purposes.
- Facilitated understanding of coverage, benefits, policies, and procedures by thoroughly researching inquiries and responding in an efficient and professional manner.
- Culture Amp
- Gallup Access
- Google Workspace
- Google Sites
- LinkedIn Learning Hub
- Microsoft Office/Teams
HubSpot Academy Certifications
- Content Marketing
- Contextual Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Inbound Sales
- Marketing Software
- Sales Enablement
Recently Completed LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Be an Inclusive Organization People Won’t Leave
- Becoming an Impactful and Influential Leader
- Confronting Racism
- Cultivating Cultural Competence and Inclusion
- Difficult Conversations: Talking about Race at Work
- Fighting Gender Bias at Work
- Inclusion During Difficult Times
- Skills for Inclusive Conversations
- Unconscious Bias
You can also view some professional recommendations here.