Podcast Host & Seasoned Marketing Content Manager
Key Areas of Expertise:
|♦ Blogging Best Practices||♦ Buyer’s Journey|
|♦ Customer Relationship Management||♦ Digital Content Creation|
|♦ Email Marketing/Automation||♦ HubSpot Marketing Software|
|♦ Email Database Management||♦ Lead Generation/Nurturing|
|♦ Social Media Marketing||♦ Podcasting/Public Speaking|
|♦ Training Development||♦ Search Engine Optimization (SEO)|
|♦ Website Management||♦ Team & Project Management|
HubSpot Academy Certifications
- Content Marketing Certification
- Contextual Marketing Certification
- Email Marketing Certification
- Inbound Marketing Certification
- Inbound Sales Certification
- Marketing Software Certified
- Sales Enablement Certified
- Master of Fine Arts: Creative Writing, Bowling Green State University
- Bachelor of Arts: English, Southern Connecticut State University
Creative Communications Manager, Tangoe—Shelton, Connecticut (February 2018—Current)
- Host and manage all associated content for a podcast and companion blog series What is Culture? that aims to rediscover & document Tangoe’s company culture.
- Develop timelines for all creative projects, identifying roles & responsibilities of all key stakeholders, while ensuring that deliverables are on time and on brand.
- Identify strategies and objectives of various company initiatives and bring them to life through internal and external communications.
- Work closely with Tangoe’s executive team and own the execution of the company’s creative projects.
Content Marketing Manager, Tangoe—Shelton, Connecticut (October 2018—February 2018)
- Established the content creation process and managed it on a timely basis.
- Created hard-hitting content of all types, including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, and more.
- Collaborated with the Product Marketing team to stay on top of current messaging, positioning, and strategy.
- Worked with the Digital Marketing Director on messaging for web, social, and all other digital outlets.
- Teamed with the VP of Demand Generation to create email campaign content.
- Developed content for and to help drive awareness and registration to Tangoe LIVE, the company’s annual user conference event.
Content Marketing Manager, NH Learning Solutions | New Horizons Computer Learning Centers—Bloomfield, Connecticut (May 2017—October 2018)
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads.
- Utilizing HubSpot, implement, maintain, and optimize marketing automation capabilities, including email marketing, landing pages, campaign management, lead nurturing/scoring, CRM integration, and marketing analytics for marketing campaigns and efforts.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across all business units and functions, to deliver a comprehensive content marketing plan to meet business objectives, position us as thought-leader, and support new/existing products.
- Initiate, plan, and execute content marketing campaigns that align to the buyer’s journey, including but not limited to, emails, newsletters, white papers, videos, and infographics; collaborate to utilize content across social channels as well.
- Design, create, test, execute and monitor email marketing campaigns in conjunction with content strategy, including development of drip campaigns.
- Maintain a healthy and positive relationship with sales leadership to ensure content is created to help align the needs of sales and their clients.
- Assist in the planning and authoring of integrated marketing communication plans for new and/or improved product launches as it relates to content and email marketing.
Marketing & Social Media Content Developer , NH Learning Solutions | New Horizons Computer Learning Centers—Bloomfield, Connecticut (May 2012—April 2017)
- Developed hundreds of pages of content across our company website, nhls.com, which averages 100,000 unique visitors per month.
- Wrote, managed, coded, designed, and administered email marketing content—including optimized landing pages—for promotional, lifecycle and transactional emails, using the email marketing software, Silverpop and later HubSpot.
- Using the content management system DotNetNuke, independently built, managed and created content for company websites, which service more than thirty franchise locations across the U.S.
- Created daily social media content for a team of 100+ sales representatives, including internal & external resources, email templates, print and digital sell sheets, blog articles, and more.
- Wrote for and managed company blog on a consistent basis, covering topics on a wide-range of topics surrounding the information technology industry.
Business Communications/English Composition Instructor, Brown Mackie College—Findlay, Ohio (January 2009—June 2011)
- Created original syllabi, lesson plans, online discussion questions, exams, and all other classroom assessment materials for Composition I, Composition II, and Business Communications.
- Taught business writing across a variety of formats, including professional e-mails, formal and informal reports, memorandums, persuasive letters, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Edited and proofread to ensure that student writing was purposeful, persuasive, concise, and audience-oriented.
- Supervised campus writing lab, working with students to improve printed materials for various subject areas.
Copywriter, Midwest Tape, LLC—Holland, Ohio (August 2008—January 2009)
- Wrote original summaries of titles, including but not limited to, fiction and non-fiction audio books.
- Ensured overall integrity of printed and web-based monthly product catalogs.
- Proofread titles, headings, product details, and synopses for correct grammar, as well as reviewed for conciseness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Assessed individual audio book covers for originality of design and accuracy of information in collaboration with the graphic design team.
Graduate Program Leader, General Studies Writing, Bowling Green State University—Bowling Green, Ohio (August 2007—May 2008)
- Mentored eight graduate assistants throughout the fall and spring semesters, offering support and guidance as instructors taught English Composition courses for the first time at the university.
- Supervised the development of course requirements and syllabi, assisting in the proliferation of class assignments and effective lesson planning, while preparing questions each week tailored specifically to meet the needs of each instructor.
Teaching Assistant, English Department & General Studies Writing, Bowling Green State University—Bowling Green, Ohio (August 2006—May 2008)
- Independently taught Introduction to Writing, Varieties of Writing, and Creative Writing Workshop while enrolled full-time as a graduate student at Bowling Green State University.
- Adhered to policies and evaluation procedures outlined in the course contract, while establishing and maintaining communications with supervising faculty, reporting regularly throughout the semester.
Assistant Editor, Mid American Review—Bowling Green, Ohio (August 2006—May 2007)
- Edited and coordinated the publication of Mid American Review: Volumes XXVII, and XXVIII, attending weekly editorial and/or emergency meetings.
- Researched and compiled information for contributing editors and authors.
- Performed various administrative tasks including market research, correspondence, contracts, and other documents related to published titles.
- Aided in production of manuscripts using Adobe InDesign and other Adobe programs.
Senior Editor/Content Coordinator, The Nielsen Company/Trade Dimensions Division—Wilton, Connecticut (May 2004—July 2006)
- Coordinated production of The Directory of Convenience Stores, while focusing on many aspects of the retail and the commercial real estate industries.
- Updated and ensured accuracy of the Trade Dimensions informational website.
- Promoted editorial content of all company products to customers and clients through multiple channels of communication.
- Investigated the retail industry via newspapers, trade magazines, and the Internet, which were then compiled into monthly updates, coded into HTML, and sent out to customers using a managed email list.
- Collaborated with the editorial team ensuring all work was presented in a format and style reflective of the quality and standards of the company.
Service Operations Representative, Healthnet of the Northeast—Shelton, Connecticut (October 2003—May 2004)
- Handled, in high volume, incoming member and provider calls to service center, as well as face-to-face contacts.
- Maintained accurate documentation of all telephone contact and action to ensure clear audit trail and month-end reporting purposes.
- Facilitated understanding of coverage, benefits, policies, and procedures by thoroughly researching inquiries and responding in an efficient and professional manner.
Volunteer Work/Community Involvement