Seasoned Inbound Marketing Content Manager
Areas of expertise lie in the following:
|♦ Corporate Blogging||♦ Adobe Creative Cloud|
|♦ Customer Relationship Management||♦ Digital Content Development|
|♦ Email Marketing/Automation||♦ Google Analytics Reporting|
|♦ Email Database Management||♦ Lead Generation/Nurturing|
|♦ Social Media Marketing||♦ Public Speaking/Instruction|
|♦ Training Development||♦ Search Engine Optimization (SEO)|
|♦ Website Management||♦ Team & Project Management|
- Content Marketing Certification
- Contextual Marketing Certification
- Email Marketing Certification
- Inbound Marketing Certification
- Inbound Sales Certification
- Marketing Software Certified
- Master of Fine Arts: Creative Writing, Bowling Green State University
- Bachelor of Arts: English, Southern Connecticut State University
Content Marketing Manager, NH Learning Solutions | New Horizons Computer Learning Centers—Bloomfield, Connecticut (May 2012—Current)
- Utilizing HubSpot, an inbound marketing platform, initiate, manage, and execute content marketing campaigns that align to the buyer’s journey, including but not limited to, emails, landing pages, newsletters, white papers, and infographics.
- Using the content management system DotNetNuke, independently build, manage, and create content for company websites, which service more than thirty franchise locations across the U.S.
- Write and post articles to the company blog on a consistent basis, covering a wide-range of topics surrounding the IT industry.
- Generate social media content that is distributed to all sales teams within our New Horizons partnership, which includes over 200 sales representatives.
Business Communications/English Composition Instructor, Brown Mackie College—Findlay, Ohio (January 2009—June 2011)
- Created original syllabi, lesson plans, online discussion questions, exams, and all other classroom assessment materials for Composition I, Composition II, and Business Communications.
- Taught business writing across a variety of formats, including professional e-mails, formal and informal reports, memorandums, persuasive letters, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Edited and proofread to ensure that student writing was purposeful, persuasive, concise, and audience-oriented.
- Supervised campus writing lab, working with students to improve printed materials for various subject areas.
Copywriter, Midwest Tape, LLC—Holland, Ohio (August 2008—January 2009)
- Wrote original summaries of titles, including but not limited to, fiction and non-fiction audio books.
- Ensured overall integrity of printed and web-based monthly product catalogs.
- Proofread titles, headings, product details, and synopses for correct grammar, as well as reviewed for conciseness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Assessed individual audio book covers for originality of design and accuracy of information in collaboration with the graphic design team.
Graduate Program Leader, General Studies Writing, Bowling Green State University—Bowling Green, Ohio (August 2007—May 2008)
- Mentored eight graduate assistants throughout the fall and spring semesters, offering support and guidance as instructors taught English Composition courses for the first time at the university.
- Supervised the development of course requirements and syllabi, assisting in the proliferation of class assignments and effective lesson planning, while preparing questions each week tailored specifically to meet the needs of each instructor.
Teaching Assistant, English Department & General Studies Writing, Bowling Green State University—Bowling Green, Ohio (August 2006—May 2008)
- Independently taught Introduction to Writing, Varieties of Writing, and Creative Writing Workshop while enrolled full-time as a graduate student at Bowling Green State University.
- Adhered to policies and evaluation procedures outlined in the course contract, while establishing and maintaining communications with supervising faculty, reporting regularly throughout the semester.
Assistant Editor, Mid American Review—Bowling Green, Ohio (August 2006—May 2007)
- Edited and coordinated the publication of Mid American Review: Volumes XXVII, and XXVIII, attending weekly editorial and/or emergency meetings.
- Researched and compiled information for contributing editors and authors.
- Performed various administrative tasks including market research, correspondence, contracts, and other documents related to published titles.
- Aided in production of manuscripts using Adobe InDesign and other Adobe programs.
Senior Editor/Content Coordinator, The Nielsen Company/Trade Dimensions Division—Wilton, Connecticut (May 2004—July 2006)
- Coordinated production of The Directory of Convenience Stores, while focusing on many aspects of the retail and the commercial real estate industries.
- Updated and ensured accuracy of the Trade Dimensions informational website.
- Promoted editorial content of all company products to customers and clients through multiple channels of communication.
- Investigated the retail industry via newspapers, trade magazines, and the Internet, which were then compiled into monthly updates, coded into HTML, and sent out to customers using a managed email list.
- Collaborated with the editorial team ensuring all work was presented in a format and style reflective of the quality and standards of the company.
Service Operations Representative, Healthnet of the Northeast—Shelton, Connecticut (October 2003—May 2004)
- Handled, in high volume, incoming member and provider calls to service center, as well as face-to-face contacts.
- Maintained accurate documentation of all telephone contact and action to ensure clear audit trail and month-end reporting purposes.
- Facilitated understanding of coverage, benefits, policies, and procedures by thoroughly researching inquiries and responding in an efficient and professional manner.
Volunteer Work/Community Involvement